Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ten


(photo taken by Vikki Kourbelis Photography)

In three more sleeps, my gorgeous baby girl will be entering the world of double numbers ~ she's turning ten. Amidst the excitement of the upcoming disco party, are my thoughts of utter disbelief that I have been a mummy for ten years. How can that be?

For those of you who have followed my blogs, you will know how proud I am of my girl. She is amazing. I constantly tell her that she has it all ~ she is beautiful (inside and out), intelligent and she just has that something more. Her wit and her humour are far beyond her years ~ they always have been ~ and she has a sense of awareness that cannot be taught. Coupled with that is her extraordinary ability to learn. She is a sponge and academically, she is very gifted. (for the want of a better word).  She is so lucky and I am even luckier to be her mum.

In her role as a big sister, Kara couldn't do any better. She absolutely adores Madison and Imogen and my fears of how she would cope with our family doubling in size were not needed. She loves them and she makes sure they know it. In return, they already look up to 'Rara' and I love how all three of them make one another smile. They are all so close.

Kara changed my world. She gave me a purpose in life that I didn't know I needed until it arrived. I loved her unconditionally from the moment I found out she existed and I promised her, no matter what, that I would always love her and be there for her. She's made that promise easy to keep.

To my princess, I often tell you that you have no idea how much I love you. I tell you that because it's true. You simply amaze me. You make me smile every.single.day. You make me proud and you truly are a dream come true. I love our time together and watching you grow into the beautiful person that you are is an absolute honour.

Thank you for choosing me as your Mummy gorgeous girl.

1 comment:

  1. Wow 10 and 2 it only seems like yesterday that we were comparing our lives and tribulations with our little girls.

    I have fallen off the radar over the last couple of months and I kind of have a good reason.

    Yes, it is a big surprise but we are expecting another little one. Just as sick as my last two unfortunately. We weren't planning in any way to have another and David was in the process of making that a certainty but here we are with only 17 weeks to go and another little one will added to our brood!

    Hope this finds you all well and wish I was up to conversing with everyone, but everything is such an effort at the moment.

    Take care and thanks for the message, it was lovely to hear from you.

    Big Hugs Kylie x

    ReplyDelete