Sunday, November 27, 2011

Busy Busy

Well, where do I start after not being on here for more than three months? !!

The girls are fast approaching their first birthday ~ only 9 days to go ~ and I think it's just hitting me that we've almost hit the elusive 12 month mark. People have consistently told me that the first 12 months are the most challenging with twins, so I suppose life is going to be easy in 9 days time lol!!!!

The girls are developing so quickly~ they're both moving around EVERYWHERE but neither is walking just yet. Imogen is very close ~ she has stood a few times until she's realised and then promptly fallen on her butt :). Madi was trying to stand on her own today too, so I'm sure walking is just around the corner.

They're both very chatty babes ~ Mum, Kara, Dog, Turtle, Baby, Bath, Stop and Up are some of their most used words (not that they're all perfectly said lol). Their personalities are sooo different to how I imagined them to be. When they were tiny, I always thought Madi would be the baby that would explore and be into everything ~ the cheeky one. I saw Immy as being the observer and the more clingy baby.... well, I couldn't have been more wrong! Imogen is like an octopus ~ she is into absolutely everything and she is soooo cheeky. She'll approach something she knows she shouldn't touch, look at me, shake her head no, say "Arggg" and then touch it and giggle. She really is just so adorable though, so she gets away with a lot. Madison is much more the observer. She loves playing with her toys and discovering the sounds that everything makes. She's got Immy sussed too... if she's playing with something and Immy starts heading toward her, she starts growling at her as a warning. It's hilarious. She's a little doll and my cuddly girl.

As for Miss Kara. She's as gorgeous as ever. We celebrated her 9th birthday a few weeks ago... a sleepover, limousine ride to her favourite restaurant and lots of fun. She's excelling at school and we're both looking forward to the Christmas break... it will just be lovely to spend quality time with her ~ I can't wait.

I am going to try to blog more frequently ~ it's just a habit I need to get back into! For now though, I'll add a few pics as it's been forever!


Kara with one of her birthday presents... nutter lol.

Too cute x

Imogen wearing the ruffles I've started making

Kara with Madison... the babies love their big sister so much

This is what happens when you make them breakfast and don't close the toilet door properly...


We were in the kitchen and I could hear giggling from Imogen and turned to see this.... both were laughing as Madi squashed her face on a Tupperware lid!

Madison Ada ~ she's just so beautiful xxxx

Madi and Immy are really starting to play together ~ it's very cute and sooner than I expected it!

My gorgeous Imogen Susan.... this photo really shows her character

I just love this pic of Immy.... gorgeous girl x

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe the girls are almost one!! Happy Birthday to gorgeous Kara, I'd say she had a wonderful night celebrating! Love the pics of your darling girls... can't wait to meet them :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful photos Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carolyn ~ I hope you're well x

    I can't wait until you meet them too lovely.... 13 months to go lol! xx

    ReplyDelete